•8 ounces Mexican chorizo
•1 small white onion minced
•1 large poblano pepper seeded and diced
•1/2—1 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
•1/2—1 pound grated Oaxaca/Quesillo cheese
•2 medium Roma tomatoes diced
•1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chorizo and cook until browned. Gradually add in onion and poblano pepper and saute. Ensure chorizo is completely cooked through. Be sure to drain excess grease and moisture.
- Next, add in shredded cheeses and transfer the skillet to the oven. Broil on high in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Lastly, garnish with tomatoes and cilantro.
- Mason Jar
- Pour 1 cup of tequila into a mason jar.
- Cut 1-2 jalapenos and add into mason jar with tequila.
- Allow jalapenos to soak for 2-6 hours.
- Drain jalapeno/tequila mixture into a filter.
- Use this jalapeno-infused tequila or shots or margaritas.
- 2 shots Spiced Tequila
- 2 shots Triple Sec
- 2 shots of lime juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- Add the spiced tequila, triple sec, and lime juice together. Mix well & serve over ice. Salt cup rim if desired.